I started windsurfing at 30, as a mother of two children aged 4 and 8. Windsurfing has changed my life into a fantasy of dreamlike experiences which only keeps on getting better and better. I found the article “10 reasons why every girl should start kiting” on http://www.thespinoffproject, and adapted it to windsurfing.
Here are the reasons that you really really really should give windsurfing a try!
1. TRANSFORM YOUR BODY. Windsurfing is like a crossfit workout – only more fun! You won’t even realise that you have been working out until after the session. Your body will turn into the body you’ve always dreamt of in a season or two.
2. EAT ANYTHING YOU WANT. When you windsurf you burn close to a 1000 calories per hour. My biggest challenge when I windsurf more than three days in a row, is to eat enough! In the picture I am eating Focaccia con lardo, focaccia covered with pure lard!
3. FORGET YOUR WORRIES. The minute you step onto the board, everything but the moment you are in is gone! Blast away into the sunlight, feel the wind through the hair, and I swear you will never feel happier in your life. 4. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH HAPPY PEOPLE. You’ll meet people who have already discovered the benefits of windsurfing – they are all happy, of course 🙂
5. TRAVEL THE WORLD. When you windsurf, traveling to the most amazing places on the face of the earth comes natural! You enjoy these places even more when you windsurf as you interact with the scenery, the waves and the wind, instead of passively watching.
6. LOOK LIKE A BEACH BABE. Smooth skin, golden tan, wavy beach hair and sexy beach clothes – need I say more? 7. MEN LOVE WINDSURFING GIRLS. There is something irresistible about a girl who’s windsurfing for most men. If your boyfriend’s a windsurfer he will love you even more – instead of creating conflicts when he is going out, you go together and share this fantastic way of life!
8. ITS FOREVER. Windsurfing has no age limit – some of the best windsurfers in the world are closer to 40 than they are to 20. The windsurfers in the picture below are all between 60 and 78 – and they live to windsurf! It is never to late to start – you are in for decades of fun almost no matter how old you are. 9. NEVER GET BORED. Enjoy the versatility of windsurfing – ride waves, blast over flat waters on your slalom gear, to do some freestyle tricks. No session is the same, but the experience is always great! 10. BUILD YOUR SELF-RESPECT. If you learn to windsurf, I can guarantee that you gradually will change into a cooler, more confident, more relaxed person. No one can take the fact that you master windsurfing away from you, and thereby you base your perception of yourself on something very real. Once you achieve this you will never look back!
<a href=”http://blogglisten.no/blogg/miriamrasmussen.com/“><img src=”http://blogglisten.no/img/blogglisten.png” alt=”Blogglisten” /></a><img height=”0″ border=”0″ width=”0″ alt=”hits” src=”http://hits.blogsoft.org/?eid=365” />